CHECK THESE OUT TOO.

7/5/10

I'VE JUST SEEN A FACE


I always find it surprising when people i have met once or twice remember me.

I know, since I remember them, it's not strange nor difficult, but i still find it interesting that such little and limited interaction with another person, can create a connection.

I was at a party last night, where I vocalized this thought to the friend I was with.

We were walking up a steep hill and he replied,slightly out of breath, "of course they remember you, you have a memorable face, all those shapes coming at a person at once."

His response was certain and short. His response was comforting and sounded flattering.

In retrospect, part of my surprise about being the least bit memorable is because of my tendency to devalue myself.

Now, I'm well aware I'm not a "somebody" by any means, but I am someone.

And I hope I am a somewhat charming and nice glimpse of a character to the acquaintances I have met here and there.

I could write more about this night, I shall later.

I hope your 4th of Julys were all very fun.

I do enjoy the smell of bbq corn, watermelon and sunscreen.

I think it's nice how some smells are seasonal/sentimental/sacred.
-ANNA F-S


No comments:

Post a Comment